FSC International has published the new version FSC-STD-50-001 (V2-0).
Changes in the use of the FSC® Trademark
The FSC International Board of Directors has approved the revised Trademark Standard FSC-STD-50-001 (V2-0) Requirements for use of the FSC trademarks by certificate holders. The revised standard will become effective on 1 March 2018.
The standard specifies requirements for use of the FSC trademarks: on FSC-certified products, for promotion of FSC-certified products, and for promotion of the organization’s status as an FSC certificate holder. Adherence to this standard is mandatory for all FSC certificate holders entitled to use the FSC trademarks. This standard also forms the basis for evaluation and approval of all certificate holders’ uses of FSC trademarks. Please read the revised standard.
The main content changes implemented in the revised standard are as follows.
- Introduction of a trademark use management system as an alternative to submitting all intended uses of FSC trademarks to the certification body for approval.
- Introduction of guidance on how to describe FSC and products with FSC claims.
- Reduced size requirements for all marks.
- Greater flexibility in the placement of the FSC on-product labels and in choosing labelling elements.
- Integration into the standard of a series of advice notes and standard interpretations.